Slow fashion seems to be more and more popular idea in Poland, as well as in the world. So let's get to know its main assumptions which can be described with a few key ideas:
1. Awareness of ourselves, our needs and daily habits help to choose proper clothes for us. Thanks to this ability we can choose clothes that we feel comfortable in, and what is even more important while wearing we feel ourselves.
2. Good wardrobe organization. It means that we should get rid of the clothes we don’t really need and leave only those we actually wear.
3. Buying less stuff but in a good quality. It is a simple way to keep things that will serve you for much longer than a pile of clothes / shoes of a questionable quality.
4. Buying clothing / footwear produced in an ethical way gives us comfort of making the right choices so that no one is hurt.
5. Avoiding emotional shopping gives us a sense of control over ourselves. It also eliminates the problem of mismatched things in your wardrobe.
6. Creating our own style is an inherent part of the slow style fashion. It teaches us self-reflection and requires separation from the continually changing trends in fashion. However, it brings a lot of satisfaction!!
7. Paying attention to the materials from which clothes/shoes were made gives us the knowledge of what we really want to buy. Such awareness is priceless as we buy good quality products.
8. Certified clothing and footwear gives guarantee to all of those who want to take care of their own health. It also makes you sure that the quality of products is harmless. More and more people are regarding this as an important aspect of slow style fashion.
It is good to think over about your current shopping style and think about whether we have got a fashion, or fashion has got us.