Green Friday is an anti-consumerism movement that encourages people to reconsider their shopping habits and make more sustainable choices. It falls on the same day as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, which is known for its massive sales and frenzied shopping sprees.
The goal of Green Friday is to promote conscious consumption and reduce the environmental impact of our purchasing decisions.
By joining this initiative, we encourage you to:
- Reflect on your needs and wants: Before buying anything, take a moment to think whether you really need it or if it's just an impulse purchase.
- Support sustainable brands: Choose products from companies that have eco-friendly practices and source materials responsibly.
- Buy local and secondhand: Opt for locally produced items to reduce transportation emissions, and consider buying used goods instead of new ones to extend the life cycle of products.
- Repair and reuse: Instead of discarding broken items, try to fix them or find ways to repurpose them.
- Experience instead of stuff: Prioritize experiences, such as travel, outings, or learning new skills, over material possessions.
Green Friday is not about completely avoiding shopping; it's about making informed and responsible choices. It's about recognizing the impact our consumption has on the planet and taking steps to minimize that impact.
As part of the action we also encourage you to visit our online store. With the GoGreen code we offer a 15% discount for you and the same amount (i.e. another 15% of your purchases) will be donated to the charity organization of your choice. Leave us information in the comment whom you want to support.